Recent Projects and Engagements:
- Drove client exit strategy for a global correspondent banking portfolio, inclusive of regulatory conversations. No significant client push-back or negative media exposure
- Conducted peer review for account opening docs and Beneficial Ownership for a top five bank and two midwest regional banks
- Designed an emerging risk management framework and scoring tool with supporting metrics
- Reviewed roles and assessed staff skills for Treasury Management sales support, AML Operations Unit and a Fraud Unit
- Worked across LOBs, Data & Analytics, Channel and Functional teams to identify the de-centralized Authentication and Identity Verification tools and initiatives in place or planned
- Created a framework to ensure policies, procedures, and controls keep pace with changing needs
- Established solution governance function and provide expertise to define target state capabilities
“Exiting Relationships: Ten Steps to a Successful Client Exit Strategy” Published on ACAMSToday.org, a publication of ACAMS © 2017.
“Don’t Go Digital Without Understanding the New Business Account Opening Regulations” Published on SmartPayments.com © 2017.
Webinars and Presentations
“The New FinCEN CDD Rule: A Dialogue on the Beneficial Ownership Requirement for Customer Due Diligence” Financial Crimes & Compliance Executive Forum (2017)
“Know Your Customer Requirements – Are You Prepared for More Regulatory Scrutiny?” hosted by Treasure Strategies (2015)
Mitigated counter-party risk issues in 2008 financial collapse, reset daylight overdraft and ACH limits, and eliminated $9 billion in risk exposure. Led cross-functional team to design and implement overdraft monitoring system requirements now standard in the Corporate and Commercial Bank. Achieved zero Treasury Management losses in the collapse while modifying client behaviors and tailoring strategies to align with new risk paradigm. (Bank of America 2008-2009)
Drove global expansion for Banknotes product resulting in 43% growth in 2011. Two major competitors recently exited the Banknotes business due to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) issues. Conceived a strategy to capture market share. Navigated Risk and Compliance governance committees to alleviate concerns related to operational controls and AML monitoring procedures. Expanded relationships with five Regulators to gain commitment for global expansion strategy. Introduced enhancements to detect anomalies in client buying patterns and added multiple language capabilities for the web-based delivery channel. Instituted Global Operating Committee to monitor market risk and operational risk. Banknotes are the physical currency consumers carry in their wallets. Bank of America distributes $100 billion in Banknotes in 120 currencies to banks in 74 countries from 13 vaults around the world. (Bank of America 2009-2011)
Strategy to reduce from three Controlled Disbursement Platforms to one. When NationsBank and Bank of America merged, there were three CD platforms supporting commercial clients from small business to global 100. As Product Management Executive, Kathleen led the effort to evaluate each platform for feature/functionality, identified client impacts to transitioning to a single platform and managed the vendor selection process for the ultimate solution. Kathleen executed the strategy which led to the transition of clients to the target solution. Communications to clients was a critical component to the transition so each understood how functionality changed and how to prepare for the transition. (Bank of America 2001)